It’s my 23rd birthday!
… I’m old
And to celebrate, I thought I’d share 23 random facts about myself. I haven’t really shared my personal life on this blog, so hopefully this post will give you a better idea of the person in charge of this blog.
Here we go!
Showing the snow who’s boss 20+ years later >:)
1. When I was 3 years old, my parents thought it would be a fun idea to bundle me up, stick me on a sled, and take a stroll through the snow in the middle of December. In the middle of their walk, they looked back and realized that I wasn’t there. My parents had accidentally forgotten me in the snow! They ran back and found me a few minutes later (you can hang up your call to Child Protective Services now) and 20 years later I still love the snow.
2. I worked for 5 start-ups in San Francisco and freelanced for a couple of others remotely. I’ve never had a corporate job in my life and don’t think I could handle one!
3. I visited Las Vegas 7 times before I turned 21. Believe it or not, there’s a lot of non-alcohol things you can do there.
4. My first job was working at a fruit & vegetable stand near the side of a highway. I don’t think I’ve progressed much since then.
5.I’ve never broken a bone in my body
although with the way things are going with this blog, I probably need to edit this soon. 2017 Update: Still good!
6. My family is really small: I’m an only child, I have 2 cousins, and both of my uncles have the same name (Alexander) – It’s a really popular name for both girls and guys in Eastern Europe.
7.Back in school, my talent was wiggling my ears … which was probably the only reason why I had any friends lol
8. My favorite smell is jasmine or honeysuckle, my favorite fruits are watermelon and peaches, and I hate vegetables.
9. I’m 5’5 ft / 165 cm tall and the shortest of all my friends :(
10. My first trip outside of the USA/Ukraine was to Mexico after I finished high school.
My graduation photoshoot – I still wish I had that hair color!
11. Speaking of school, I graduated university with a Bachelor’s in Marketing and was my class’ valedictorian…
12. … But when I was a kid, I wanted to be, in order: a rock star, an archeologist, and a graphic designer. The only thing that came true is that I’m an archaeologist for my cats every evening :(
13. My music taste is all over the place: I looove retro Russian music from the 90’s, EDM, rap, and everything except country.
14. Out of all the countries that I’ve visited, my favorite is Japan. If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is visit all 47 wards … and blog about them, of course.
15. If I could time travel back to any era for a day, I would pick the 1960’s or 1970’s and visit a disco dressed in my white boots and funky retro dress.
My favorite place is wherever there’s food ^_^
16. My favorite foods are pizza, sushi, and chicken masala (but not at the same time!)
17. My lucky number is 17 ❤️
18. I’m a terrible sleeper (in the best way possible): I need 9 hours of sleep to function properly, and my longest record was sleeping 14 hours. And no, I can’t fall asleep on airplanes – fml :(
19. My biggest pet peeve is bad drivers. In order to get a driver’s license in California, apparently you have to pass some kind of asshole test too – the worst is when you’re already driving fast enough and someone decides to cut you off without using their blinkers. And you end up at the same red light anyway. ??🙄??
20. I once an IRL Instagram contest. I had to find a clue on Instagram, sprint up Lombard Street (a 27-degree incline!), and then tell the organizers the secret password. In the end, I won a Hermes bracelet (looks like this) and sold it on eBay so I could buy an airline ticket. 😁
21. For shits and giggles, I like to find and take photos of places that have my home country’s flag colors (yellow and blue).
22. My favorite sport/activity is dancing, and I love to join dance classes whenever they’re offered by the hotel that I’m staying at. The best song for dancing, in my opinion, is Danza Kuduro. Especially if you’re on a boat in the middle of the Dominican Republic.
23. I’m left-handed. I used to get a lot of compliments when I was in elementary school, but in university everyone would get pissed off because I kept bumping into their hands when I took notes. 🙈
That’s 23 facts about me, and now it’s your turn: I’d love to know more about my readers, so please leave one fun/interesting fact about yourself in the comments below!
Scratch map from Amazon (click here to buy)